THE CORSO MANLY
St Matthews Church is a heritage listed building built in the 1930’s.
The project involved the preparation of a plans for renovation to allow the church to better serve its diverse congregation as well as open the church up to the community.
Stage 1 comprised sensitively updating the interior to allow the younger congregation to conduct their services using state of the art audio and visual technology and improved acoustics. The pews were replaced with more comfortable and flexible seating.
Future stages include linking the nave via a new doorway to a steel and glass canopy structure and courtyard with disabled access.